As I mentioned before, the only Christmas gifts I’m giving this year are delicious baked goods. Not a bad thing, certainly, and definitely something I would be happy to receive, but a big reason for this is my selfish obsession for running. Running gear and signing up for running races, to be exact. Because, as you will see below, running gear is expensive!
I know that a lot of you are runners yourselves, or at least know a lot of runners, so I thought I’d put together a nice little gift guide for any of you shopping for your happy,
insane to be running in the cold, running friends this holiday season.
1. Mizuno Wave Inspire 8 Running shoes ($154.99) – Hands down my favorite shoe. It’s light, breathable, and long lasting, which is especially important for the long distance runner. I’ve had many shoes in my day, but my favorite brand so far has been Mizuno.
2. Women’s GTD Tights ($75.00) – Compression fitting to make those buns look mighty fiiiiine! haha but seriously, these tights rock!
3. DryLine Ponytail Toque ($29.99) – Every woman needs a a good toque to keep her ears warm and hair at bay while running outside. I only have one of these, and have never needed to buy another one!
4. A good pair of socks ($29.99 for 3 pairs) – a good pair of socks is especially important in winter to help keep your feet dry. Wet feet = cold feet in winter, and that just sucks.
5. Nike Fuel Band ($149.00) – counts your steps and tracks calories burned throughout the day. What more could you want?!
6. Good Gloves ($40.00) – Keep those digits warm! These are fabulous and allow you to change your ipod without taking off your gloves.
7. Women’s Animagi Jacket ($180.00) – Ultralight jacket that’s great for the cool weather. It also has thumb holes at the base of the sleeve, which is KEY!
Happy shopping! xoxo