Addiction gets the better of me sometimes. Once I have an M&M I need the whole bag, once I lick the cake batter off of the beaters I need to spoon some into my mouth, and I can pack in a giant theatre sized bag of popcorn into my belly. Hot.
These sweet potato fries are definitely addictive. They have the perfect amount of crispiness on the outside and are loaded with flavour with only a few ingredients! I like adding a tiny bit of brown sugar to them. Don’t leave this out. It adds soooo much flavour! I often get asked what I do differently. Let’s begin, shall we?
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
This recipes serves 4 as a side dish
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. light brown sugar
1/2 tsp. kosher salt, plus extra for sprinkling
1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil greased with cooking spray.
2. Halve the sweet potatoes lengthwise and cut each half into long spears. (Soak in cold water for 20-30 minutes before continuing for crispy texture outside. Drain well and pat dry.)
3. Place the potato spears on the sheet pan and toss with olive oil. Spread them in a single layer.
4. Combine the brown sugar, salt, and pepper and sprinkle on the potatoes.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, then turn with a spatula. Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Sprinkle lightly with kosher salt and serve hot.